Star Wars: BattleCry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Star Wars: BattleCry

Development forum for Star Wars: BattleCry

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

List of Sounds Needed

Go down 
+3
rocknroll237
Schlechtwetterfront
tunednoise
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Schlechtwetterfront

Schlechtwetterfront

List of Sounds Needed - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 8:23 am

Hey you sound guys. There's a video planned for later this month, right now we think of having 2 weapons (the A280 and E-11) in there and could need some sounds if possible. Just so that we have a bit more of a 'full' presentation.
I dunno who is in charge so I have to ask here and can't bug someone personally. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/andescp/
rocknroll237
Admin
rocknroll237

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 8:36 am

Calum, Richard, Erik, Altureus and I should set a time to meet up online and discuss this over the next couple of weeks.

Calum and Altureus have been working hard on a lot of the sounds so we should be able to get some great things done.

Back to top Go down
http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-battlecry
Altureus
Lead 3d guns Artist
Altureus

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 11:58 am

Alright sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
RichardPGoulet

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:36 pm

Schlechtwetterfront wrote:
Hey you sound guys. There's a video planned for later this month, right now we think of having 2 weapons (the A280 and E-11) in there and could need some sounds if possible. Just so that we have a bit more of a 'full' presentation.
I dunno who is in charge so I have to ask here and can't bug someone personally. Wink

Hey man I have an E-11 sound made up. I can post it shortly. I can probably make up an a280 sound too. I have posted an atgar cannon sound, and an ion cannon sound in dropbox.

Cam - I have also posted 3 FMOD demo videos on Dropbox as well; T-47 Snowspeeder, AT-AT, and small arms. I can actually redo a small arms one including E-11 and A280 sounds. I can also make up a heavy weapons one including the Atgar and Ion Cannons.

Btw- I also made sounds in FMOD for the wind on Hoth. It has an intensity parameter that will change how the wind sounds.
Back to top Go down
Altureus
Lead 3d guns Artist
Altureus

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:40 pm

Great work Richard ! Smile
Back to top Go down
tunednoise

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 5:32 pm

Great stuff!

And yes, when should we meet? I'm busy thurs/fri.
Back to top Go down
Schlechtwetterfront

Schlechtwetterfront

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 7:33 pm

Direct FMod implementation would of course be perfect. ; )
We'd need a hit sound, too. That doesn't need to be different for different weapons though, just general for blaster bolts. Although later we should have some different ones for flesh, metal, earth etc.
Back to top Go down
tunednoise

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 7:37 pm

But what noise does a blaster bolt make when it hits something?

I would imagine some sort of quick sorching impact, like a drop of water on a hot frying pan perhaps, but with a little bit of weight behind it?
Back to top Go down
Schlechtwetterfront

Schlechtwetterfront

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 7:52 pm

Yeah, I suppose some sort of burn.
In the movies it sounded a lot as if there was a heavy chemical reaction, nothing 'physical'.
And there were big excplosions for a 'projectile' of that size.
Back to top Go down
tunednoise

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 12:30 am

I'll see if I can throw something together later on
Back to top Go down
Schlechtwetterfront

Schlechtwetterfront

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 1:18 am

No worries, we have time.
Back to top Go down
RichardPGoulet

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 2:31 am

I haven't had a chance to think about impact sounds yet. Well at least someone is Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Altureus
Lead 3d guns Artist
Altureus

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 6:13 am

And Richard your sounds you've posted sound great. But I feel like the DL 44, and Ion Cannon need a little more oomph. They sound more pee shootery than actual cannons or guns. Your Proton rifle and the other sounds are spot on though. Smile
Back to top Go down
RichardPGoulet

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 9:24 am

Thanks for the feedback.

Hmm.. What speakers are you using? They may be lacking in the low end- I get good bass out of the ion cannon. This, however does not mean you are wrong! I'll have to make sure that low-mids and high-bass provide the oomph that is missing in small speakers. Actuallly, ioncannon_04 was overhauled for this reason- check it out if you haven't. Work in progress anyway... I may cut out my sub and have a listen. As for the DL44, I don't want it sounding too big- I may leave it to Calum to EQ it in that case Smile. We'll see though if maybe I can layer in a bit more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

List of Sounds Needed
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2