Star Wars: BattleCry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Star Wars: BattleCry

Development forum for Star Wars: BattleCry

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

List of Sounds Needed

Go down 
+3
rocknroll237
Schlechtwetterfront
tunednoise
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tunednoise

List of Sounds Needed Empty
PostSubject: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 11:39 pm

Hi all, I've started to put together an excel spreadsheet of the sound content we might need. Obviously I still need to sync this up with the game plan when that gets released and as such it's pretty rough.

I've put it in the drop box here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y3xpkydreozl9tv/Sound%20Content%20List.xlsx
Back to top Go down
Schlechtwetterfront

Schlechtwetterfront

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 12:49 am

I don't think Match Start! fits. Actually I don't think we need a match intro at all. In multiplayer most of the players wouldn't hear it anyways since they all connect at a different time.

And you could have some more variations on the Victory/Defeat VOs, like "We lost this battle, but not the war." or something like that. ("the empire is victorious once again!", "that'll show this rebel scum.", etc etc, just throwing out some ideas).

Some other things we might need:
- grenade screams ("fire in the hole" and "OH MY GAWD" types of screams)
- thanks (for health/ammo/repair(/revive))
- under fire (when being hit)
- damage sounds (screams n stuff)
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/andescp/
rocknroll237
Admin
rocknroll237

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 2:00 am

Yeah, we don't want this to be like an arena shooter which is normally where you'd hear stuff like 'Match start'.
Back to top Go down
http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-battlecry
sceluk
void Work();

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 2:16 am

Well, in TF2 people join in at random times, but for those guys who are actualyl there when the map loads, or a new round starts, there's match start and stuff.
Back to top Go down
rocknroll237
Admin
rocknroll237

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 2:17 am

But it doesn't fit SWBF gameplay imo.
Back to top Go down
Schlechtwetterfront

Schlechtwetterfront

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 3:21 am

Yeah, it's not like the Empire just waits in a room on Hoth for the rebels to get ready and then the doors open and "Match Start!", they already deployed on the surface with their walkers etc and moved towards the rebel base etc.
And this is no game. It's war.

However, we could have something like "Imperial walkers sighted in the east! Move to defensive positions!" for the rebels and "Approaching rebel base, starting assault." for the empire. Like, militaristic lines, not boxing announcers.
Back to top Go down
tunednoise

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 7:36 am

It's an ongoing process Very Happy

Most of the ideas on the sheet were lifted off the other thread. Can we put our minds together and try and come up with a definitive list?

Are we all okay with the standard:

Rebel:

"Control Point Lost!"
"Control Point Captured!
"You lose!" *
"Victory!" *
"Ion Cannon online\offline"
"Orbital Strike Incoming!"
Thanks *

Imperial:

"Control Point Lost!"
"Control Point Captured!
"Ion Cannon offline"
"Orbital Bombardment available"
"Commencing Orbital Bombardment"
Thanks *

Generic:
Jump Grunt
Hit by laser
Hit by explosion
Fall Damage
Health under 50 % (Heavy breathing) ?
Health under 30 % (Even heavier breathing) ?
Death

* = Need to write these

Last edited by tunednoise on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Schlechtwetterfront

Schlechtwetterfront

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 9:46 am

I think we can do that orbital bombardment thing for both sides. The alliance has spaceships, too. Wink
Otherwise I agree. I'll maybe think up some more things ig I have the time.
Back to top Go down
tunednoise

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 10:02 am

I really need to replay this game! I was under the impression it was Ion canon - rebels and Orbital bombardment - imperials
Back to top Go down
Schlechtwetterfront

Schlechtwetterfront

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 11:55 am

In Hoth, yeah. But we'll have more maps, so maybe the Rebels will attack an Imperial base on some planet and then we could make use of those lines. If we develop an Orbital Bombardment 'system' then why use it only on Hoth?
Back to top Go down
tunednoise

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 8:21 pm

Good point!
Back to top Go down
sceluk
void Work();

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 8:11 pm

As Ande says, yeah the Rebels can have orbital bombards too, but it'll be much rarer, Imperials usually have space superiority.
In Hoth, ONLY Imps will have it.
Back to top Go down
rocknroll237
Admin
rocknroll237

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 5:22 am

Mr Capers has provided me with a list of situations where lines can be spoken:

Attack CP

Defend CP

Captured CP

Destroyed CP

Lost CP

Winning Battle

Won Battle

Losing Battle

Lost Battle

Flag - Enemy Capture

Flag - Friendly Capture

Flag - Enemy Drop

Flag - Friendly Drop

Flag - Enemy Score

Flag - Friendly Score

Flag - Reset

Deploy - Grenade

Deploy - Mine

Alert - Grenade

Alert - Mine

Alert - Infantry

Alert - Sniper

Alert - Armor

Alert - Aircraft

Alert - Artillery

Alert - Misc

Take Cover

Command - Follow

Command - Attack

Command - Cover Me

Command - Hold

Command - Take Flag

Command - Return Flag

Acknowledge

Response - Positive

Response - Negative

Call Help

Call Medic

Call Ammo

Call Repair

Call Vehicle
Load Vehicle

Unload Vehicle

Taunt

Anger

Friendly Fire

Killed Infantry

Killed Armor

Killed Aircraft

Confusion - Sound

Confusion - Sight

Injury - Minor

Injury - Major

Injury - Choke

Injury - Drown

Injury - Electrocution

Injury - Death
Back to top Go down
tunednoise

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 5:25 am

Fuck yeah!

When it's an alert, are we talking like - "Sniper spotted" etc? And is CP destroyed, the enemy point destroyed?

Also, how many variations of each, 2, 3? Are we happy to just do one voicing of each side, with variations? Perhaps with command being a different voice.

I've started writing some rebel lines, they're in the excel sheet: https://www.dropbox.com/s/72wvjlgmene06hl/Sound%20Asset%20List.xls
Back to top Go down
Gen_Rhys_Dallows

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 6:29 am

Quote :
When it's an alert, are we talking like - "Sniper spotted" etc? And is CP destroyed, the enemy point destroyed?
Yeah, that's what I was going for.

Here's a sample of my Stormtrooper so far:
Stormie VO Sample
Back to top Go down
tunednoise

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 6:43 am

Good voice work.

As discussed on the skype meeting on saturday we need to get everyone in check with dividing up the voice overs and sound effects so that people aren't accidentally making the same sounds.

There is also an issue with taking multiple sources of audio into a game where by they will all sound different, which is very bad for continuity and makes the game seem amateur, which considering the high quality of modelling, texturing and animation for the game I would rather not have.

I'm not trying to put your voicework down, I think what we need to do is make sure every sound is up to a similar standard. I'll make a new post about this.
Back to top Go down
tunednoise

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 11:27 pm

Alright, alt and I are making progress with writing lines. It has occurred to me that everyone may not know this, but we are focussing on getting the rebellion era voice work done first as this is what we're going to be showcasing in the beta. So no battle droids etc are going to be needed for a while.

Hopefully we'll have by later today, or tomorrow a list of what needs to be recorded. Who else wants to do voice work other than Gen_Rhys_Dallows, Altureus and the couple of actors i've conscripted? I know there was one other person...
Back to top Go down
rocknroll237
Admin
rocknroll237

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 5:30 am

That person hasn't really be online for quite a while, so I think you're good to go!
Back to top Go down
sceluk
void Work();

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:11 am

Best way to divvy up the work is to make a spreadsheet with the lines needed and people can claim certain what lines they want. You got the lsit, add another column to the spreadsheet for each other column (so 3 more cols), and fill em up.
Back to top Go down
rocknroll237
Admin
rocknroll237

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 3:07 am

Throughout this week, I think we should start uploading a few decent voice overs to the Moddb site.

I mentioned doing this in the update and I think it will keep interest going.

I will look at the midi file Calum uploaded soon and I think we should speak on Skype some time about which ones are suitable for uploading.
Back to top Go down
Altureus
Lead 3d guns Artist
Altureus

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 11:04 am

How do I listen to the AIFF audio files on the megacloud?
Back to top Go down
tunednoise

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 5:57 pm

FYI everyone, i've also uploaded all the tracks to the dropbox for your listening pleasure. Should be easier to check out than through the megacloud.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bk2ie2fjo2i0ivu/ZoakofPuW0

I have also just realised there are 223 tracks, each with two actors, and 3-4 variations (if not more on each)

So thats roughly... 1400 samples... bounce

[edit] And alt, use quicktime or vlc
Back to top Go down
Altureus
Lead 3d guns Artist
Altureus

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 6:13 am

I have VLC But I still can't listen to them. Alright but thank you for uploading them to the dropbox.
Back to top Go down
Schlechtwetterfront

Schlechtwetterfront

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 8:20 am

Works fine on my VLC (the .aif's from the megacloud .zip).
Really awesome job, guys!
Now we just have to implement them... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Altureus
Lead 3d guns Artist
Altureus

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 11:59 am

Got it working. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: List of Sounds Needed   List of Sounds Needed Empty

Back to top Go down

List of Sounds Needed
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next