Star Wars: BattleCry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Star Wars: BattleCry

Development forum for Star Wars: BattleCry

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Current Texture Work

Go down 
+5
SharkYbg
rocknroll237
sceluk
Schlechtwetterfront
Ben2356
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Ben2356

Current Texture Work - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Texture Work   Current Texture Work - Page 3 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 5:07 am

Thanks Sceluk that would be great!! I'll put the .psd files into the Megacloud folder for you to access, but I haven't created any normal/specular/displacement maps yet for the textures (I usually first see how the texture looks tiled before I go an create the maps). In the meantime, I'll show you guys my work over the course of a few days.

Snow_Loose6
Current Texture Work - Page 3 Snowloose6jpg

Snow_Rough1
Current Texture Work - Page 3 Snowrough1jpg

Snow_Rough2
Current Texture Work - Page 3 Snowrough2jgp

Snow_Rough3
Current Texture Work - Page 3 Snowrough3jpg

Snow_Smooth1
Current Texture Work - Page 3 Snowsmooth1jpg

Snow_Smooth2
Current Texture Work - Page 3 Snowsmooth2jpg

...and more to come soon!

Some of these textures tile very nicely while others have very noticable repeating patterns if tiled over a large area alone. I am hoping that for the Snow_Rough textures to create some 3D snow chunks like white rocks/pebbles to lay on top of the texture to add effect and reduce the obvious repetition - I'll try booting up my old 3DS Max and see what I can do there. The cliff textures are going along nicely but I am not done yet and keep exhausting my texture download limit at CG textures Smile. Hope you guys enjoy!

Edit: Ugh I'm very bad at posting up textures on forums, sorry about the size Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.moddb.com/members/starkiller2356
Altureus
Lead 3d guns Artist
Altureus

PostSubject: Re: Current Texture Work   Current Texture Work - Page 3 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 2:59 pm

Wow great job! Very realistic.
Back to top Go down
Praglik

PostSubject: Re: Current Texture Work   Current Texture Work - Page 3 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 7:17 pm

I'm in love with your textures, I cannot wait to see how they look in the CryEngine Smile
I would totally need someone like you to help me on Tantive IV one day ;p
Back to top Go down
Lephenix
Polygon Smith
Lephenix

PostSubject: Re: Current Texture Work   Current Texture Work - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 11:53 pm

Puttzy wrote:
top right image, bottom right corner, matches part of this image perfectly. Cgtextures.com

http://cgtextures.com/texview.php?id=8496&PHPSESSID=h006ge226pkqt7srt6887svlj7

actually looks like he took the high res picture of it and blew it up and touched it up a bit, it all looks exactly the same.

Spoiler:

I'm not saying he didn't put stuff together but part of that I am pretty sure is from cgtextures, though I think they let you use their stuff without need of mention? but that corner i marked says the original photo was by a "Jari Paananen "

So you just basically take photos of cgtextures without crediting the artist, modify it a bit with filters and claim it texture work? I'm disapointed Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
http://swbf-custom.forumactif.com/forum
Altureus
Lead 3d guns Artist
Altureus

PostSubject: Re: Current Texture Work   Current Texture Work - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 5:09 am

Uhhhhhh Ohhhhhhhhhhh....
Back to top Go down
Deforges
Hey, GUNS!
Hey, GUNS!
Deforges

PostSubject: Re: Current Texture Work   Current Texture Work - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 12:56 pm

CONDITIONS OF USE

Use of the Textures is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Private or commercial use
- Use in 2D or 3D computer graphics, movies and printed media
- Incorporation in computer games, 3D models
- Selling 3D models bundled with modified versions of the textures, when the texture is customized for the 3D model

It is NOT permitted to:
- Sell or distribute any of these textures in an unmodified form, or where the derived product you are selling or distributing is a Texture or a collection of Textures. IN OTHER WORDS: Do not sell or distribute any of these textures (modified or not) by itself or in a texture pack, material, clipart, website theme or scrapbooking pack!
- Bundle the images with software such as paint programs, 3D programs, photo-kiosk software.
- Reselling or redistributing the images at 'print on demand' services (mugs, t-shirts, mouse mats, etc)
- Use the textures in graphic design themes or templates sold to multiple customers on digital market places (this includes templates of websites and business cards and e-cards).
- Selling or redistributing skins for laptops, phones and other devices, created with images from CGTextures.
- Stockpile images with the goal of making a local texture library.
- Using a special program (spider, leecher) or script to automatically download all Textures on the CGTextures website. Users who try to mass download will be banned from the website automatically.
- Interfere with the security or otherwise abuse, disrupt, place excessive loads on, or attempt to gain unauthorized access to the CGTextures website or any system resources or networks connected to this website.
- Release the Textures or derivative products under Open Source Licences
Back to top Go down
rocknroll237
Admin
rocknroll237

PostSubject: Re: Current Texture Work   Current Texture Work - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 8:23 pm

So it's perfectly okay then? That's good cause I really like the textures.

I guess it was a bit naughty of Ben not to say exactly where that one came from, but nevermind. As long as we credit the guy who made the original in the game it should be fine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-battlecry
Lephenix
Polygon Smith
Lephenix

PostSubject: Re: Current Texture Work   Current Texture Work - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 2:03 am

My point wasn't claiming it was illegal, but modifying a bit a photo texture isn't texture art for me.
Real Texture artist make their own textures, sure they can use photos to add details, but they make their own textures just check their portfolio. Anyways, i stop the discussion here.
Back to top Go down
http://swbf-custom.forumactif.com/forum
Ben2356

PostSubject: Re: Current Texture Work   Current Texture Work - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 1:10 am

Yeah sorry guys, I thought I had mentioned that I was using CG Textures for my phototexture bases; a mistake I should have clarified a bit better so I apologize for not explicitly mentioning that. I wish I could create really fancy textures like those completely from scratch but I have tried and to be honest I really suck at it. For a while now I have been using some photos as a based and then tiling, changing and messing with the textures so it looks decent to use in game. Before doing this I was sure to read the full license of the textures and what I understood, and Deforges pointed out, was that they were free of use for anything except to sell them. Also getting my own pictures would be something I would love to do but I can't get some types of pictures due to me being stuck in only one part of the world so I have to rely on others to get something for me to use and work with. I do, however have my own photos that I will convert to textures so those are completely original. Again I just wanted to apologize for giving everyone a misinterpretation and if desired I will no longer use any CG Textures photos for my texture work. I plan to work more on creating my own types but my skills in graphics area are severely limited and at times horrible
Back to top Go down
rocknroll237
Admin
rocknroll237

PostSubject: Re: Current Texture Work   Current Texture Work - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 6:31 am

Thanks for the explanation Ben, no hard feelings.

It would be great to see you developing your skills more and like you say converting images to textures, but there isn't any harm in using CG textures every now and then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-battlecry
Ben2356

PostSubject: Re: Current Texture Work   Current Texture Work - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 3:03 am

Today I was messing around and creating snow textures completely from scratch that have that bumpy look to them and I need your guy's help here. I want you to tell me which looks better in terms of realism, and just overall. Any extra tips are greatly appreciated too!

Texture A:

Current Texture Work - Page 3 <a href=Current Texture Work - Page 3 9t9q

OR

Texture B:

Current Texture Work - Page 3 <a href=Current Texture Work - Page 3 N0o0

I know that texture B looks real bad when zoomed in to it but I am trying to figure out what technique/look to use before I polish either of them up.

.JPG files are in the megacloud folder if you want to see those
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Current Texture Work   Current Texture Work - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Current Texture Work
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3