Star Wars: BattleCry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Star Wars: BattleCry

Development forum for Star Wars: BattleCry

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Snowspeeder

Go down 
+2
Schlechtwetterfront
SharkYbg
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SharkYbg
Polygon Smith

Snowspeeder - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowspeeder   Snowspeeder - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 7:24 am

Thanks!

rocknroll237 wrote:

I think the textures need more details though, e.g. the panels could have scratches on the, and maybe a few more buttons.

Yes,as i said these are just flat colors with most of the details still missing.I really would like to experiment more on the textures but the next week i'm flooded with work.

The buttons and lights on the sides of the front cockpit are there as models, they just blend in for now until i work on them more. Also on the front part most of the buttons are more down close to the arms of the pilot and they won't be visible so i kinda skipped them along with the joysticks. You can see on that picture where approximately the joysticks are .

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Lephenix
Polygon Smith
Lephenix

PostSubject: Re: Snowspeeder   Snowspeeder - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 1:54 am

rocknroll237 wrote:
Holy cow, that's awesome stuff.

I think the textures need more details though, e.g. the panels could have scratches on the, and maybe a few more buttons.

SharkY wrote:
"These are shots in cryengine with some basic colors"

Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
http://swbf-custom.forumactif.com/forum
rocknroll237
Admin
rocknroll237

PostSubject: Re: Snowspeeder   Snowspeeder - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 1:58 am

Oh sorry, I didn't see that bit, haha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-battlecry
sceluk
void Work();

PostSubject: Re: Snowspeeder   Snowspeeder - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 9:02 am

Looking at the outside of the snowspeeder again, its seems a bit too glossy\shiny for me. I dunno, maybe its cause the texture might not be finalized, or the lighting in the test map is crappy.
Back to top Go down
SharkYbg
Polygon Smith

PostSubject: Re: Snowspeeder   Snowspeeder - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 1:26 am

Yes, i am aware of that. I have tested the same textures on the snowy Forest from the version 3.4.4 of Cryengine and they look ok there. Like the pics i posted here.

Its more like the lightning settings needing to be changed because there is light from everywhere that is going to the models and this creates that effect you can see. But i haven't figured out another way to recreate the atmosphere without affecting the models much. This surely needs more tweaking.
Although it doesn't sound right i think it kinda looks like there is frost on the metal of the snowspeeder that's why i didn't change anything ;D Maybe because i have been looking at it for so long time and that's why it look right to me.

PS:If the specular multiplier on those ceiling light is set to 0.1 and the HDR to 2(or other settings with Diffuse might work) the snowspeeder looks probably better but it also affect other model and this mean changing their specs also and this leads to bunch of other changes ;D
When i have the time i will upload a different version with different light settings. I have small vacation next week,
Back to top Go down
sceluk
void Work();

PostSubject: Re: Snowspeeder   Snowspeeder - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 11:25 pm

For the frost and snow effect we could and should use either the CryEngine ones or make our own overlay effects.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snowspeeder   Snowspeeder - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Snowspeeder
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2