Star Wars: BattleCry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Star Wars: BattleCry

Development forum for Star Wars: BattleCry

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BattleCry logos and designs

Go down 
+5
rocknroll237
SharkYbg
Altureus
Lephenix
Deforges
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Deforges
Hey, GUNS!
Hey, GUNS!
Deforges

BattleCry logos and designs  Empty
PostSubject: BattleCry logos and designs    BattleCry logos and designs  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 11:56 am

This is my submission, I know king is going to upload his too when he gets around to i.t I have the logo and a mockup too. Simple and sweet.

Spoiler:

Mockup

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Lephenix
Polygon Smith
Lephenix

PostSubject: Re: BattleCry logos and designs    BattleCry logos and designs  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 11:59 am

I love it all!
Back to top Go down
http://swbf-custom.forumactif.com/forum
Altureus
Lead 3d guns Artist
Altureus

PostSubject: Re: BattleCry logos and designs    BattleCry logos and designs  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 4:49 pm

Great job...Smile
Back to top Go down
SharkYbg
Polygon Smith

PostSubject: Re: BattleCry logos and designs    BattleCry logos and designs  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 10:10 pm

The logo looks really nice. Maybe it can be put with some star background and make the words to have the feeling that they are 3d but that's just an extra ;]
Back to top Go down
rocknroll237
Admin
rocknroll237

PostSubject: Re: BattleCry logos and designs    BattleCry logos and designs  EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 1:16 am

Ohhh, yes! I love that design.

The only thing I'd say is that the 'explore' section needs another logo added to it to fill in more of the empty red space.

King's got some competition lol. Very Happy

Could you upload the source files?
Back to top Go down
http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-battlecry

PostSubject: Re: BattleCry logos and designs    BattleCry logos and designs  EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 3:39 am

heres my first designs and few iterations on it
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Altureus
Lead 3d guns Artist
Altureus

PostSubject: Re: BattleCry logos and designs    BattleCry logos and designs  EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 3:59 pm

I like them all. Smile
Back to top Go down
rocknroll237
Admin
rocknroll237

PostSubject: Re: BattleCry logos and designs    BattleCry logos and designs  EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 7:58 am

Just so you know, the logos and designs are now in the Dropbox folder.

Look in 'Designs & Concepts and drawings'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BattleCry logos and designs    BattleCry logos and designs  EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 8:05 am

looks very well done!
Back to top Go down
joshuarcher

PostSubject: Re: BattleCry logos and designs    BattleCry logos and designs  EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 12:53 pm

BattleCry logos and designs  Logos-10
Back to top Go down
Altureus
Lead 3d guns Artist
Altureus

PostSubject: Re: BattleCry logos and designs    BattleCry logos and designs  EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 1:00 pm

By the way, that is not actually pink, Josh said the colors were a little weird, and he said he will fix them all tomorrow. For now we are just trying to figure out what type of style and design we like he most. Personally I like the original design the most, but I like Josh's textures and coloring more. We'll figure it out once everyone decides what they like and gives some feedback.
Back to top Go down
Mandosis

Mandosis

PostSubject: Re: BattleCry logos and designs    BattleCry logos and designs  EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 3:31 pm

I like the original one the best because it is simple and its not really good practice to add more elements than are needed to a logo and i find them all kinda hard to read because of the texture and the coloring in the bottom 2. Also i don't think it is a good idea to break up the logo. It makes me just kinda want to skip over it because its hard to read.
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkaperture.net/
Altureus
Lead 3d guns Artist
Altureus

PostSubject: Re: BattleCry logos and designs    BattleCry logos and designs  EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 3:36 pm

Yeah it's a little dark from the picture, but I think with a little more work it could look pretty neat.

I like the original too, but this is Battlecry!!!, and not everything should be super simple because that makes it seem like not enough effort was put into each part that was considered simple. Any time we get the chance to make something even better than the original, I say take the shot, it's better than not doing anything. And then as a team we will decide whether or not we want the change. Although it might seem like wasted work if that is so, it's not really wasted because the people working on their projects are getting more and more practice and feedback to better themselves as designers and artists.
Back to top Go down
joshuarcher

PostSubject: Re: BattleCry logos and designs    BattleCry logos and designs  EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 10:54 pm

https://2img.net/r/ihimg/a/img38/3876/screenshot20130214at105.png

So here are high res core designs. With Altureus' idea of removing the corner pieces on the top left one. Looks good.
Back to top Go down
joshuarcher

PostSubject: Re: BattleCry logos and designs    BattleCry logos and designs  EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 10:57 pm

Back to top Go down
Lephenix
Polygon Smith
Lephenix

PostSubject: Re: BattleCry logos and designs    BattleCry logos and designs  EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 4:39 am

Great job, i like the original minus 2 lines you have done and with the all the scheme of the first in this pic:

BattleCry logos and designs  Screenshot20130214at000

Your versions look more like pro quality, and i prefer them.
Back to top Go down
http://swbf-custom.forumactif.com/forum
sceluk
void Work();

PostSubject: Re: BattleCry logos and designs    BattleCry logos and designs  EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 5:18 am

Man, I love the red\grey and red\white one, thought red\grey is my fave. 1 and 3 from the 'moar designs'
The ones without border look kinda faded\not easy on the eyes.
Personally, I vote for the 1st one to be our new logo.
And guys, don't worry about logos, logos in gamedev tend to change a loooot.
game we're working on right now has had like three total UI redesigns.
Back to top Go down
joshuarcher

PostSubject: Re: BattleCry logos and designs    BattleCry logos and designs  EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 5:25 am

I am really struggling to keep track of which ones people are referring to.
Back to top Go down
Schlechtwetterfront

Schlechtwetterfront

PostSubject: Re: BattleCry logos and designs    BattleCry logos and designs  EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 6:27 am

Top one in the pic Leph posted.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/andescp/
Altureus
Lead 3d guns Artist
Altureus

PostSubject: Re: BattleCry logos and designs    BattleCry logos and designs  EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 6:44 am

https://2img.net/r/ihimg/a/img39/720/screenshot20130214at000.png

Yeah, I like the red and grey one the most too, but with maybe a little less bright contour/stroke more like the grayish white contour/stroke that the grey and black one has. I guess we can keep the stroke, since everyone else likes it. Smile
Back to top Go down
sceluk
void Work();

PostSubject: Re: BattleCry logos and designs    BattleCry logos and designs  EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 6:56 am

yeah, altureus, I agree with ya on the grey stroke. It's better, blends in more.
I like the stroke since it helps define the thing from the background, you know. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BattleCry logos and designs    BattleCry logos and designs  EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 4:52 am

Does look pretty sweet huh?
Back to top Go down
rocknroll237
Admin
rocknroll237

PostSubject: Re: BattleCry logos and designs    BattleCry logos and designs  EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 4:59 am

Indeed it does! Looking forward to a big collaboration between Mandosis, Krym0r, Josh, yourself and I so we get some awesome 2D art done.

Josh is doing a lot of tweaking with the logo and soon I think we'll have found the 'perfect' one. Cool
Back to top Go down
joshuarcher

PostSubject: Re: BattleCry logos and designs    BattleCry logos and designs  EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 11:12 am

BattleCry logos and designs  Screenshot20130302at000

Back to top Go down
sceluk
void Work();

PostSubject: Re: BattleCry logos and designs    BattleCry logos and designs  EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 7:24 pm

The half-hidden top one and the middle one look nice.
Last one feels off.
my 0.02
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BattleCry logos and designs    BattleCry logos and designs  Empty

Back to top Go down

BattleCry logos and designs
Page 1 of 1