Star Wars: BattleCry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Star Wars: BattleCry

Development forum for Star Wars: BattleCry

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

[WIP] Battlecry Theme

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Altureus
Lead 3d guns Artist
Altureus

[WIP] Battlecry Theme  Empty
PostSubject: [WIP] Battlecry Theme    [WIP] Battlecry Theme  EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 1:06 pm

I've started a general direction as to what I think would soundgood as a theme. Feel free to critique and change it as you will.

There is a composition in the Dropbox folder.
Back to top Go down
rocknroll237
Admin
rocknroll237

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Battlecry Theme    [WIP] Battlecry Theme  EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 5:53 am

Nice start, I really like 1:15 onwards. :-)

At the start, we need some more cellos/violins filling in the sound in the background and we could add some awesome percussions sounds. I think the start if too jumpy and needs some legato strings in there.

Horn instruments would be a really cool addition and would work really well with the sound. Like Hans Zimmer's stuff. :-)

Did I notice a baritone choir in the last part?

If you could provide the source files, I could experiment with it in Logic at College. By Christmas, hopefully I'll have a Mac so I can do stuff at home. You use Logic right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-battlecry
Altureus
Lead 3d guns Artist
Altureus

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Battlecry Theme    [WIP] Battlecry Theme  EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 10:22 am

I have two started themes in the dropbox folder now. Looking forward to see what you guys can come up with! Smile
Back to top Go down
Altureus
Lead 3d guns Artist
Altureus

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Battlecry Theme    [WIP] Battlecry Theme  EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 6:11 pm

Cameron... I have horn instruments already implemented but they sound just like extra strings.. And yes there is a choir towards the end to try out different stuff. The cellos and Violins I have aren't convincing at all either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Battlecry Theme    [WIP] Battlecry Theme  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 12:10 pm

Why not possibly, if you're looking to get horns, record a real horn? That might help distinguish from the strings.
Back to top Go down
Altureus
Lead 3d guns Artist
Altureus

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Battlecry Theme    [WIP] Battlecry Theme  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 4:56 pm

I unfortunately don't have any horn instruments. Maybe at the school, but I can't play any of those instruments. All I have for actual instruments are piano (out of tune), and electric guitar (which I'm no good at) and a keyboard which I do most of my comps on... Sad I wish I had more real instruments.
Back to top Go down
rocknroll237
Admin
rocknroll237

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Battlecry Theme    [WIP] Battlecry Theme  EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 1:18 am

Well, you could always get someone at the school to play something for you. That's what I'm going to get someone to do for my AS level Music.
Back to top Go down
http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-battlecry

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Battlecry Theme    [WIP] Battlecry Theme  EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 3:43 am

I meant basically this: transcribe the lines into Sibelius and I'll see if I can get someone at my school to play it. Ithaca College has tons of people willing to do things like that.
Back to top Go down
Altureus
Lead 3d guns Artist
Altureus

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Battlecry Theme    [WIP] Battlecry Theme  EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 4:04 pm

Awesome... Smile I'll see if I can do that. Pretty much all of my instruments use the same notes transcribed to sound the same, even the drums play on the same beat as the other instruments. I'm not a professional when it comes to how orchestral music should be played, but if you guys are willing to experiment with and get it to sound legit then by all means go for it. I just saw Trans Siberian Orchestra live and I was mesmerized by their music.. I think they use both a live string quartet and some sort of music sequencer with the Virtual instruments.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Battlecry Theme    [WIP] Battlecry Theme  Empty

Back to top Go down

[WIP] Battlecry Theme
Page 1 of 1