Star Wars: BattleCry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Star Wars: BattleCry

Development forum for Star Wars: BattleCry

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A second animator : BwNoein

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

A second animator : BwNoein Empty
PostSubject: A second animator : BwNoein   A second animator : BwNoein EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 8:32 pm

Hi guys !

I'm BwNoein, as my SWBF ingame name. I'm glad to be a part of this team to build a new SWBF game. I was recently added to the team as an animator. I come from Belgium so sorry for my bad english. I'm working with 3Ds Max because it's the software I know the best. I can also use Maya and Blender (already made some stuff with) but I'll need to train myself with the animation system since I don't know very well all its features. It's all about finding the equal features in each software.
I can also give a hand with UI, I'm graduated as a CGI artist and know action script, photoshop, and so on...

Feel free to contact me.
Back to top Go down
Schlechtwetterfront

Schlechtwetterfront

PostSubject: Re: A second animator : BwNoein   A second animator : BwNoein EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 11:35 pm

Hello! Smile
You have any experience with first person animations?
Our other animator, Terach is taking care of the third person animations so you could start with first person animations.
If you didn't read the SDK Docs yet, it's a good read and contains loads of information about the pipeline: http://freesdk.crydev.net/dashboard.action
Just become familiar with how the animation pipeline roughly works.

If you agree I'll get you some models/information about which animations are needed etc soon.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/andescp/

PostSubject: Re: A second animator : BwNoein   A second animator : BwNoein EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 2:16 am

I don't have very much experience in FP animations, but I'm ok to do it. I will read some stuff and watch some videos. I was also wondering, isn't there a way to merge animations ? I mean, if we use part of the bones used in the third person animation, export them and import them to the first person file ? So we do the work once (3rd person) and duplicate it for the 1st person animation. Perhaps a bit of skinning needed but that will earn hours of works, and the animation will keep his style with 1st and 3rd person.. Is it possible ?
I also started reading the SDK docs. Let's say I will be up to start next week.
Back to top Go down
sceluk
void Work();

PostSubject: Re: A second animator : BwNoein   A second animator : BwNoein EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 2:46 am

Hmm, I'm not a pro anim, but technically I think its possible. Common sense tells me porting 3rd person anims to 1st person make sense. then you make a few adjustments for the 1st person view.
Back to top Go down
Terach

Terach

PostSubject: Re: A second animator : BwNoein   A second animator : BwNoein EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 4:22 am

Welcome!

Usually FP animations are separate from TP animations because they are designed only to look good from one angle. You can use TP animations for FP animations with some adjusting, but that would mean the animator would have to wait for the TP animations to be done. It's probably faster just to create new FP animations.

FP animations usually use their own rig that look something like this: https://i.imgur.com/nx7Ag.png

We can probably use the rig that I made if you can find a way to export it into 3DS.

Back to top Go down
sceluk
void Work();

PostSubject: Re: A second animator : BwNoein   A second animator : BwNoein EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 11:06 pm

Well, I checked with a friend of mine who's an animator in the games industry and he usually does the 3rd person first, then converts them to 1st with a few adjustments for the camera and stuff.
I think you can cut out the rig parts you don't need from the 3rd person one right?
Of course, a good camera angle is what's the most important.
Yeah, but make sure the 3rd persona nd 1st person anims match up. Some of Skyrim's don't (IIRC the dual wield stuff), and it looks bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A second animator : BwNoein   A second animator : BwNoein EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 9:34 am

Nice to have you aboard!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A second animator : BwNoein   A second animator : BwNoein Empty

Back to top Go down

A second animator : BwNoein
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Star Wars: BattleCry :: Development :: New members-
Jump to: