Star Wars: BattleCry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Star Wars: BattleCry

Development forum for Star Wars: BattleCry

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trooper Third Person Animation List

Go down 
+2
sceluk
Terach
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
sceluk
void Work();

Trooper Third Person Animation List - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trooper Third Person Animation List   Trooper Third Person Animation List - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 12:26 am

I don't understand much of what you're saying, hehe but that vid looks nice. Good job mates Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Third Person Animation List   Trooper Third Person Animation List - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 7:04 pm

Hey guys, its been a lot of snow here in Belgium, I got a car crash. Hopefully, I'm ok, but that's why you didn't hear from me.
I'm back to help, I'll post my 3ds results here by the end of the week.
Back to top Go down
sceluk
void Work();

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Third Person Animation List   Trooper Third Person Animation List - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 8:43 pm

Ah shit man, that's bad. How bad is it?
Hope you get well soon Smile
Back to top Go down
Schlechtwetterfront

Schlechtwetterfront

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Third Person Animation List   Trooper Third Person Animation List - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 8:50 pm

So, you don't know if you're ok but you're working on this anyways? That's what I call motivation! Wink

And of course +1 to
sceluk wrote:
Hope you get well soon Smile
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/andescp/
rocknroll237
Admin
rocknroll237

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Third Person Animation List   Trooper Third Person Animation List - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 9:53 pm

Oh dear, that's awful! Hope everything's okay and most importantly, take it easy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-battlecry

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Third Person Animation List   Trooper Third Person Animation List - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 6:38 am

Thanks guys! Not so bad, I think I got an angel watching over me. The car is completly destroyed (slipped over the road and roll down into the wood) but I'm quite good physically speaking. Sure I'm motivated on this project, I just run after free time, which is not my best for now Smile But I'll help as much as I can.
Back to top Go down
sceluk
void Work();

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Third Person Animation List   Trooper Third Person Animation List - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 10:04 pm

Man, that must been a bit terrifying. Rolling around...its really a miracle you weren't hurt much worse.
Also, your health first Smile
Back to top Go down
Terach

Terach

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Third Person Animation List   Trooper Third Person Animation List - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 8:26 am

Have a few placeholders done so far, will probably finish the rest of the basic ones by the end of next week.

To do list for afterwards:
- fix blending issues
- work on animation graph stuff like transitions
- work on layering method for upper body anims
- item swapping
Back to top Go down
Schlechtwetterfront

Schlechtwetterfront

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Third Person Animation List   Trooper Third Person Animation List - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 9:57 am

Nice work, when we have most of the placeholders done I'll probably start getting a bit more work done towards playability.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Third Person Animation List   Trooper Third Person Animation List - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 9:38 am

Are the placeholders that are finished on the megacloud that are exported for game use?
Back to top Go down
Terach

Terach

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Third Person Animation List   Trooper Third Person Animation List - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 11:24 am

I wont be putting them onto megacloud until I finish most of them and organize them a bit better. Since there's a lot of different files involved, it can get messy quick and I want to hold off until there's something I need people to test.

If you need placeholders to test with though, I can put something together and send you what I have so far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Third Person Animation List   Trooper Third Person Animation List - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 6:46 pm

Thanks, I just need 1 weighted character mesh (base model would work, don't need textures) & 1-2 placeholder animations (can be anything at all) from Maya exported so I can compare results with 3ds Max exported content in the editor. Wink
Back to top Go down
Terach

Terach

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Third Person Animation List   Trooper Third Person Animation List - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 6:29 am

I put together my run and idle anims along with the character exported from maya. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17020127/maya_ce3_anims.zip

Let me know if you need anything else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Third Person Animation List   Trooper Third Person Animation List - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 8:18 pm

Thankyou Terach, this is all I needed. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Third Person Animation List   Trooper Third Person Animation List - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 8:31 pm

Ok so I loaded the trooper up in the editor. Now the thing I noticed was the bone pivot angles don't match up to the bones as they really should for easy animation. I also see that there's two sets of bones, one with the correct pivot angles and the other with the bad angles which the trooper mesh is weighted to.

Why not just use the correct pivot angles set of bones in the Maya rig?
Back to top Go down
Terach

Terach

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Third Person Animation List   Trooper Third Person Animation List - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:45 am

It's that way so that the Aim IK system works. Originally I had them the way you described, but ran into all those problems with aiming. It's not too much of a problem for animating since the maya rig uses an IK system where rotation doesn't really matter, though I can see how it can be a problem for 3ds since the rig doesn't carry over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Third Person Animation List   Trooper Third Person Animation List - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 12:09 pm

Ah ok, well I'll get to work on getting a character ingame using the imported skeleton, then i'll bind a max biped to it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Terach

Terach

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Third Person Animation List   Trooper Third Person Animation List - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 6:38 pm

Most non-combat placeholders done. Did a quick skin of the scout to see how well animations transferred over. I need to work on fixing a ton of blending issues next. Cool

Back to top Go down
SharkYbg
Polygon Smith

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Third Person Animation List   Trooper Third Person Animation List - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 9:08 pm

This is just beautiful .Razz

The animations are really good.Maybe the character can lean more forward when moving and crouching at the same time.

I can see some things that are not right like when crouching, the crawling and diagonal moving it seems like the character is sliding(I think also for this the speed of the player when crawling will need to be changed). That transition between animations and between standing and crawling isn't perfect but you will get it ;]

Keep up the good work.!!
Back to top Go down
Schlechtwetterfront

Schlechtwetterfront

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Third Person Animation List   Trooper Third Person Animation List - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 10:21 pm

Awesome, when I have finished the RFT I'll go and make playable stuff.

Some things:
The backwards move, maybe too slow for the actual move speed?
In the forwards move(s) his feet angle outwards, I dunno if that's a problem with the model or the animation though.
While crouching (and moving) I think you could have the dude's legs be a bit more straight whereas his torso would be more angled forward, like the crouch animations in ArmA II.
And what about a 'resting-on-his-right-knee' stance for the crouch idle? Would look better when shooting, too.
Back to top Go down
Terach

Terach

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Third Person Animation List   Trooper Third Person Animation List - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 3:50 am

Thanks for the suggestions, it'll definitely look 100x better once it's past placeholder stage. For now I think it's fine for testing gameplay once I fix some blending stuff.

The crouch animations are a little awkward because I'm reusing his standing aim poses for them. Smile In the future, I'll have to make separate aim poses for standing, crouching and maybe prone for each weapon.

Also regarding speeds, it's still using the default values so I'll leave it to the gameplay designer to tweak them. I will probably end up making the prone speeds fast for now since it looks nothing like what I have in Maya. It'll all probably change anyway once classes and gameplay are settled.
Back to top Go down
Terach

Terach

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Third Person Animation List   Trooper Third Person Animation List - Page 3 EmptySun May 12, 2013 7:53 am

Update 2, used the WIP hoth base for a change of setting. Smile

Changes:
- small tweaks to basic animation
- worked on walk -> run blending
- added crouch aim poses
- got prone movement to work the way it should, no more sliding
- added grenade throw animation

Mostly progress with animation graph stuff this week. Not quite sure what is causing the pop when character moves out of idle, I think it has to do with the aim ik. I'm also trying to figure out how to toggle on and off aim ik when using manual aim.

Goal for now is to change crouch/prone movement animations, add crouch step rotate, and weapon swap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Third Person Animation List   Trooper Third Person Animation List - Page 3 EmptySun May 12, 2013 10:53 pm

If it's of any use, I can import the free sdk source animations (runs, walks, aims, etc) using the 3ds Max rig and export them to use on your Maya skeleton. Wink
Back to top Go down
Terach

Terach

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Third Person Animation List   Trooper Third Person Animation List - Page 3 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 5:05 am

Did they include the rifle reload animation in the samples? I could use that for a placeholder if it's there. Otherwise I think I have most of the stuff covered. Smile
Back to top Go down
Schlechtwetterfront

Schlechtwetterfront

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Third Person Animation List   Trooper Third Person Animation List - Page 3 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 5:13 am

Is the rig/skeleton + animations + rigged characters on the MegaCloud somewhere already?
Cause then I could start implementing it (AKA changing some paths most likely but you never know).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Third Person Animation List   Trooper Third Person Animation List - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Trooper Third Person Animation List
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next