Star Wars: BattleCry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Star Wars: BattleCry

Development forum for Star Wars: BattleCry

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Member: Terach

Go down 
+2
SharkYbg
Terach
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Terach

Terach

New Member: Terach Empty
PostSubject: New Member: Terach   New Member: Terach EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 6:24 pm

Hello everyone, new animator here.

Been looking for a project to sink some time into and this seemed like a good opportunity. I can animate efficiently in Maya and do some basic rigging. Hopefully, there wont be problems with importing/exporting between programs. I'm currently reading up on exporting custom models/animations from Maya to CE Sandbox so that I can do some testing soon. Looking forward to working with you all!

Some additional questions:

1. Are there any other animators working on this project?
2. How much animation work is there to be done at the moment?
Back to top Go down
SharkYbg
Polygon Smith

PostSubject: Re: New Member: Terach   New Member: Terach EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 10:37 pm

Hey, welcome on board Terach ;]

As far as goes to just models i'm sure there won't be problem between programs since all can use .obj files.It's nice that you have started reading how to export stuff because it's very useful. This saves someone else's time and that way you will understand how things work and know if there's a problem how to fix it. Wink

Most of the modelers know how to animate a little but there's just not enough time to make models along with animations . I think we have some more animators going to join, but for now you are the only one.

As far animation work goes, we have't made any custom animations yet. We only used the animation for the character from the grunt that is in CE3.

Back to top Go down
Lephenix
Polygon Smith
Lephenix

PostSubject: Re: New Member: Terach   New Member: Terach EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 1:08 am

Hello and welcome to the team, looking forward to see your work Cool .
Back to top Go down
http://swbf-custom.forumactif.com/forum
rocknroll237
Admin
rocknroll237

PostSubject: Re: New Member: Terach   New Member: Terach EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 1:19 am

Best looking avatar so far (apart from mine obviously!)

Welcome aboard!

I'm currently talking to another couple of animators so hopefully we'll have more on the team soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-battlecry
sceluk
void Work();

PostSubject: Re: New Member: Terach   New Member: Terach EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 3:41 am

Welcome Smile
yeah we need a lot of anims, and we don't have much animators, so you're pretty valuable heh Smile
Back to top Go down
Schlechtwetterfront

Schlechtwetterfront

PostSubject: Re: New Member: Terach   New Member: Terach EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 9:44 pm

Hello!
We can reuse animations from the SDK, that covers basic movement(with crouching) and rifle animations. So we still need prone, pistol, rocketlauncher. I dunno how individual we want to have third person animations, then we'd need at least different reload animations for all the weapons, not only one per weapon-type. First person animations should be mostly individual unless of course two weapons are nearly the same.
In terms of rig/skeleton, we use the SDK skeleton, you can find it in the SDK sample assets in the Agent.max file (I think there's one for maya, too). Maybe there's a file with only the skeleton, too, but I dunno.
Best look at the Character Editor in the Sandbox, there you can play different animations etc to see how they blend together.
This is very useful, too: http://freesdk.crydev.net/dashboard.action
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/andescp/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Member: Terach   New Member: Terach Empty

Back to top Go down

New Member: Terach
Page 1 of 1