Star Wars: BattleCry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Star Wars: BattleCry

Development forum for Star Wars: BattleCry

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

[LOW PRIORITY ATM] Gameplay teaser

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rocknroll237
Admin
rocknroll237

[LOW PRIORITY ATM] Gameplay teaser Empty
PostSubject: [LOW PRIORITY ATM] Gameplay teaser   [LOW PRIORITY ATM] Gameplay teaser EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 7:46 am

UPDATE: DUE TO THE FACT WE ARE MAKING DEV DIARIES, WE CAN WORRY ABOUT TRAILERS LATER (END OF 2013?).

To keep people interested in the mod, I think we should release a gameplay teaser video by early 2013.

The video will only be 30s - 45s long and consist of a battle between the rebel trooper and snow trooper inside Echo-base.

Text will pop up in front of black background every few seconds to break up the footage.

We can show some brief footage of the GONK.

I would like to show off the AT-ST and the but the main Hoth map isn't finished yet and they might not be textured in time.

The blasters should be shown as well but they too need texturing.

What will happen in the video?

Basically, we will pan the camera through the interior of Hoth showing a snow trooper walking down a corridor.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a rebel trooper will pop out and attack the snow trooper.

The GONK will briefly be seen here.

I'd like to see a few explosions here and there and of course an awesome death animation for the snow trooper who finally gets killed by the rebel trooper.

We need:

Someone who's good with the camera in CE3.

A suitable music track. This will be done by the musician team.

Textures for the GONK and the blasters Deforges is working on.

Nicer textures for Echo base.

An appropiate face for the rebel trooper.

Last edited by rocknroll237 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:24 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-battlecry
Ben2356

PostSubject: Re: [LOW PRIORITY ATM] Gameplay teaser   [LOW PRIORITY ATM] Gameplay teaser EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 10:05 am

Just tell me the type of textures wanted for the Echo Base scene and I'll create them. Also well want to have probably the graphics maxed into the extreme to present a good impression (even if we won't use those graphics in the retail).

Also for the Snowtrooper part I think we should show a squad of snowtroopers that are running down the hallway (hear a comlink to capture a certain outpost or something) and then they are ambushed by a squad of rebels and there is a firefight with grenades and blaster fire. Also if possible we should show some chipping away of the cover they use (nothing too fancy)

Just my opinion Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.moddb.com/members/starkiller2356
sceluk
void Work();

PostSubject: Re: [LOW PRIORITY ATM] Gameplay teaser   [LOW PRIORITY ATM] Gameplay teaser EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 9:55 pm

Yeah, a squad of stormies running down a corridor getting ambushed by a couple of mines and a rebel squad sounds about right Smile Some bits of rubble falling on the stormies as an improvised trap is cool too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [LOW PRIORITY ATM] Gameplay teaser   [LOW PRIORITY ATM] Gameplay teaser Empty

Back to top Go down

[LOW PRIORITY ATM] Gameplay teaser
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Star Wars: BattleCry :: Development :: Development discussion :: Game mechanics and general tasks-
Jump to: