Star Wars: BattleCry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Star Wars: BattleCry

Development forum for Star Wars: BattleCry

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

[PRETTY MUCH DONE NOW] Some extra organisational things to sort out

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rocknroll237
Admin
rocknroll237

[PRETTY MUCH DONE NOW] Some extra organisational things to sort out Empty
PostSubject: [PRETTY MUCH DONE NOW] Some extra organisational things to sort out   [PRETTY MUCH DONE NOW] Some extra organisational things to sort out EmptyWed May 15, 2013 7:21 am

Hey guys, I was thinking we could do something about the way the team is laid out and the way in which we recruit people.

I think we should have a shared email account that only core members can access (or something similar). We can then get people to apply there instead of in my inbox which is less convenient.

That way, everyone can see a person's previous work and what skills they have.
DONE

I think we should reorganise the forum so that there are sub sections for when work is completed, when it's in concept form or when it's WIP. Sceluk mentioned this a while ago and I think it might be a good idea to implement it now we're getting bigger. LABELLING IS A BETTER IDEA AND WILL BE DONE SOON.

We should get people to apply to one or two places and not 5 places like they can at the moment. We can close some threads and make it clear that we ONLY except recruits via email. DONE

We should make the fact that we have an FAQ, fan forum and donation system more obvious on our main pages (Twitter, facebook, moddb and crydev) so people don't keep on asking obvious questions like 'will it be 1st person?'. Very Happy

What do you guys think?

Last edited by rocknroll237 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-battlecry
Schlechtwetterfront

Schlechtwetterfront

PostSubject: Re: [PRETTY MUCH DONE NOW] Some extra organisational things to sort out   [PRETTY MUCH DONE NOW] Some extra organisational things to sort out EmptyWed May 15, 2013 7:26 am

1. Chris can make something like a recruitment@swbattlecry.com email and forward all in-going emails to the recruiters.

2. That'd make the forum really large and too complex IMO. We could just add the current state into the title like '[Concept] It's a map' or '[Finished] It's a character'.

3. Yes

4. Unless you print the most frequently asked questions in a 100 p font on the main pages I don't think it will do a lot. But we definitely could somehow emphasize the links more.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/andescp/
rocknroll237
Admin
rocknroll237

PostSubject: Re: [PRETTY MUCH DONE NOW] Some extra organisational things to sort out   [PRETTY MUCH DONE NOW] Some extra organisational things to sort out EmptyWed May 15, 2013 7:27 am

Okay. For point 4, that's what I meant. I didn't mean writing it out.
Back to top Go down
Praglik

PostSubject: Re: [PRETTY MUCH DONE NOW] Some extra organisational things to sort out   [PRETTY MUCH DONE NOW] Some extra organisational things to sort out EmptyWed May 15, 2013 7:35 am

Hello, 3D env' artist here !
I think we could name (elect or chosen by dictatorship) a "lead" for every section : concept/gamedesign, coders, sound, artists. Only the four leads and the project manager can access the mailbox.

Then we should ask people to fill a form to apply on specific position, something like this :

Subject : [art] animator application
name surname
website/portfolio
introduction
resume link

So it will be easy for leads to identify who is applying to which position.

The same kind of organization could be applied to the forum :
Art Section (subforums : environment, character design, animation)
Code Section (subforums)
Sound Section (subforums)
Gamedesign/writers (subforums)

With a main post updated daily/weekly by leads on what is needed, completed and who is working on stuff.

The FAQ is a good idea, however we could even create a Wiki updatable only by us Smile
Back to top Go down
rocknroll237
Admin
rocknroll237

PostSubject: Re: [PRETTY MUCH DONE NOW] Some extra organisational things to sort out   [PRETTY MUCH DONE NOW] Some extra organisational things to sort out EmptyWed May 15, 2013 8:39 am

I like that idea. I'll ask Chris about some kind of form people can fill in.
Back to top Go down
Lephenix
Polygon Smith
Lephenix

PostSubject: Re: [PRETTY MUCH DONE NOW] Some extra organisational things to sort out   [PRETTY MUCH DONE NOW] Some extra organisational things to sort out EmptyWed May 15, 2013 9:51 pm

We already have leads. And i agree with 1,2,3 and 4.
Back to top Go down
http://swbf-custom.forumactif.com/forum
rocknroll237
Admin
rocknroll237

PostSubject: Re: [PRETTY MUCH DONE NOW] Some extra organisational things to sort out   [PRETTY MUCH DONE NOW] Some extra organisational things to sort out EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 6:19 am

Most of these things have been completed, we just need to do no.4.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [PRETTY MUCH DONE NOW] Some extra organisational things to sort out   [PRETTY MUCH DONE NOW] Some extra organisational things to sort out Empty

Back to top Go down

[PRETTY MUCH DONE NOW] Some extra organisational things to sort out
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Star Wars: BattleCry :: Important news and updates!-
Jump to: