Star Wars: BattleCry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Star Wars: BattleCry

Development forum for Star Wars: BattleCry

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Grenades anyone?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Grenades anyone?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grenades anyone?    Grenades anyone?  - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 5:10 am

Okay, thank you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grenades anyone?    Grenades anyone?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 4:05 pm

Grenades anyone?  - Page 2 Tdr_lo10

Rebel Thermal Detonator.
Back to top Go down
SharkYbg
Polygon Smith

PostSubject: Re: Grenades anyone?    Grenades anyone?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 7:27 pm

It's looking really good. ;]
Be sure to use low amount of sides on the little cylindrical details because it saves memory and it won't be noticeable if they are a little choppy.
Back to top Go down
rocknroll237
Admin
rocknroll237

PostSubject: Re: Grenades anyone?    Grenades anyone?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 12:53 am

Nice work Janna!
Back to top Go down
http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-battlecry

PostSubject: Re: Grenades anyone?    Grenades anyone?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 4:46 am

SharkYbg wrote:
It's looking really good. ;]
Be sure to use low amount of sides on the little cylindrical details because it saves memory and it won't be noticeable if they are a little choppy.

Okeedokes! I'll re-do that bit, I wasn't as sure with it so I made it high poly.

Uhm, after fixing that bit, what would you recommend I do?

And thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grenades anyone?    Grenades anyone?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 4:48 am

Oh yikes, I think I left extra edges on the sphere too... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Lephenix
Polygon Smith
Lephenix

PostSubject: Re: Grenades anyone?    Grenades anyone?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 4:55 am

Nice job so far, some suggestions:

Grenades anyone?  - Page 2 98a794b7cab1c44fd5771c32fb3e710e
Back to top Go down
http://swbf-custom.forumactif.com/forum

PostSubject: Re: Grenades anyone?    Grenades anyone?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 5:00 am

Thanks Lephenix! That helps A LOT.
Back to top Go down
Lephenix
Polygon Smith
Lephenix

PostSubject: Re: Grenades anyone?    Grenades anyone?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 5:57 am

Glad to help Cool . Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
SharkYbg
Polygon Smith

PostSubject: Re: Grenades anyone?    Grenades anyone?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 7:22 am

Ah good eye Lephenix. More than 4 side polygons shouldn't be on any model. You will get weird results later and errors when exporting.

Not sure if you know this trick but you can select only the polygons with more than 4 sides with the newer versions of 3ds max. Go to Customize->Show UI and tick Show ribbon. And with your model in Editable poly and selectable polygons - click on the "Selection" toolbar that you enabled in the UI and go to "By Numeric" and with this you can select faces with the desired number of sides or bigger. Then just connect the vertexes so the polygons have 4 or 3 sides ;P

For next you can make whatever you want. A mine for example or one of these little flying droids like a ball that shoot ;D
Back to top Go down
Lephenix
Polygon Smith
Lephenix

PostSubject: Re: Grenades anyone?    Grenades anyone?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 9:13 am

I didn't know that, thanks for the tip SharkY, although, based on your explanation, just connect 2 vertices seems faster Razz .
Also, Defiant Sigma, you do both high poly, low poly, unwrap and textures, or you just model the grenades? If yes, looking forward to the texture, also you could post a UVs screenshot, we'll see if it needs optimizing, keep up the good work Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
SharkYbg
Polygon Smith

PostSubject: Re: Grenades anyone?    Grenades anyone?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 9:24 am

Lephenix wrote:
I didn't know that, thanks for the tip SharkY, although, based on your explanation, just connect 2 vertices seems faster Razz .
Also, Defiant Sigma, you do both high poly, low poly, unwrap and textures, or you just model the grenades? If yes, looking forward to the texture, also you could post a UVs screenshot, we'll see if it needs optimizing, keep up the good work Very Happy .

Yes but why not select all these bad polygons with a click of a few buttons instead of spending hour of finding them on a complex model. Fixing it is always the same. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grenades anyone?    Grenades anyone?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 5:26 pm

Lephenix wrote:

I did it straight in low poly, do I need high poly? Yea, I have to work on the UVs too. I just wanted to make sure the model looked right before doing the UVs. Do you want me to texture it as well? I'm fairly new to the field of T&L. And yes, I will do the UV Screenshot, what size do you want it at?

And, I like to just connect the 2 vertices. Hehe... but I'll try out the other one if its possible in Maya 2013.

Here's the updated version:

Grenades anyone?  - Page 2 Tdr_lo13

Grenades anyone?  - Page 2 Tdr_lo14
Back to top Go down
Lephenix
Polygon Smith
Lephenix

PostSubject: Re: Grenades anyone?    Grenades anyone?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 12:56 am

Well, you don't have to do a high poly, it is usefull for detailed models to bake details, but this doesn't need it. The model looks alright, any resolution for the UVs screenshot is fine. You don't have to texture it, but it worth a try, you can always show us your attempts Very Happy .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grenades anyone?    Grenades anyone?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 4:03 am

Lephenix wrote:
Well, you don't have to do a high poly, it is usefull for detailed models to bake details, but this doesn't need it. The model looks alright, any resolution for the UVs screenshot is fine. You don't have to texture it, but it worth a try, you can always show us your attempts Very Happy .

Okeedokes. Yea, I'll try it out. X) It would most likely be Photoshop attempts since I haven't tried out mudbox yet.
Back to top Go down
Lephenix
Polygon Smith
Lephenix

PostSubject: Re: Grenades anyone?    Grenades anyone?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 7:50 am

Defiant Sigma wrote:
Lephenix wrote:

Okeedokes. Yea, I'll try it out. X) It would most likely be Photoshop attempts since I haven't tried out mudbox yet.

Photoshop is what is needed, so that's fine. Mudbox is for polypainting but it is for digital sculpted models (millions of tris).
Back to top Go down
sceluk
void Work();

PostSubject: Re: Grenades anyone?    Grenades anyone?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 8:46 am

Can't wait to see this textured Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grenades anyone?    Grenades anyone?  - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:59 am

SORRY for the long long update! Sad I've been so busy with school and personal matters needed to be dealt with as well.

I've done the UVs for this already. I've attempted to texture the grenade but my skills at the moment are shabby at best.

I've also created other models which I'll post on the other thread.
Back to top Go down
Lephenix
Polygon Smith
Lephenix

PostSubject: Re: Grenades anyone?    Grenades anyone?  - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:17 am

No problems, can wee see the uv map please?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grenades anyone?    Grenades anyone?  - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:27 am

Grenades anyone?  - Page 2 Outuv_11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grenades anyone?    Grenades anyone?  - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:27 am

I used Roadkill.

Should I upload the OBJ onto the drive?
Back to top Go down
Lephenix
Polygon Smith
Lephenix

PostSubject: Re: Grenades anyone?    Grenades anyone?  - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:55 am

Nice unwrap but there's lot of UV space wasted, here's a suggestion:

Grenades anyone?  - Page 2 37cff1177e4e0cd51bd8d8acc29715ee

The three front cylinders UVs can me mirrored since they are the same. Also what's bigger in the model, it is bigger on the uv space. I hope it helps
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grenades anyone?    Grenades anyone?  - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 12:57 pm

Okeedokes, I'll get this sorted on Monday. What about the textures?
Back to top Go down
Schlechtwetterfront

Schlechtwetterfront

PostSubject: Re: Grenades anyone?    Grenades anyone?  - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 9:59 pm

Use a checkerboard as texture and make sure the squares are about the same size when you look at them in the viewport. And try to make sure every square is an actual *square* and not stretched. That won't always be possible but try it.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/andescp/

PostSubject: Re: Grenades anyone?    Grenades anyone?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 5:51 pm

Grenades anyone?  - Page 2 Outuv_12

Redid the UVs within Maya itself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grenades anyone?    Grenades anyone?  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Grenades anyone?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Star Wars: BattleCry :: Development :: Development discussion :: 3D modelling :: WIP-
Jump to: