Star Wars: BattleCry

Development forum for Star Wars: BattleCry

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Jedi Temple - King

Go down 
AuthorMessage
rocknroll237
Admin

PostSubject: The Jedi Temple - King   Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:13 am

King wants to make the Jedi Temple, but first we must decide on a few things.

Please post:

a) What you want the gameplay to be like (will there be lots of cover or will there be open areas where huge fights can take place?)
b) The layout you think would work
c) Whether or not you want the temple to be in ruins or completely untouched (bare in mind that it is in ruins in SWBF2)
d) How the map looks (we want the map to be consistent with the rest of the art)

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-battlecry
Altureus
Lead 3d guns Artist

PostSubject: Re: The Jedi Temple - King   Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:21 am

I think it should be in ruins too, when was there ever a fight in the jedi temple where it was whole. There should a good amount of cover but not too much. Maybe slightly more debris than the SWBF2 map.

Or would it be eventually possible to make parts of it destructible....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sceluk
void Work();

PostSubject: Re: The Jedi Temple - King   Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:01 am

For Inspiration you could take a look at jedi temple level in Force unleashed.
I will try to see if I can get some screenies (if I still have the game).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Schlechtwetterfront

PostSubject: Re: The Jedi Temple - King   Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:06 am

Theoretically CryENGINE 3 has all the features for fully destructible environments built in...
But I'm not sure how easy/difficult it is to implement it. I think at least a few things like some walls and in the case of the jedi Temple things like the shelves in the Jedi Library could be destructible.

I'll maybe draw up a layout sometime. I think the SWBF2 map is a pretty good base.

I have TFU but I haven't played through it yet...
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/andescp/
sceluk
void Work();

PostSubject: Re: The Jedi Temple - King   Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:02 pm

Play the 1st, play the 2nd only if you have 6 hrs to waste.
But I think the Jedi Temple levels were in the Deluxe Edition or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Schlechtwetterfront

PostSubject: Re: The Jedi Temple - King   Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:18 am

I can't even stand the first one. The controls/gameplay is such a piece of crap...

Well, quick drawing of a layout:

Whaddya think?
It's basically two stories, in the center the great hall where there's like a bit of vertical battle (maybe even a tumbled pillar you can use to get to the second level?). The first level has an outside part, too, where the clones march in Ep III.

Then it has an entrance to the library and the hangar. You can get to the second level by using the stairs in the library or the stairs at the north side of the great hall.

On the second level in the north you have the council chamber. To the right/east there's the second level of the lib which has two doors, one to a balcony and one to a circular room which could be the Padawan Training/Star map room. On the south end there's another balcony to lay down some fire support on the entrance to the Temple which could be the Clones base (and depending on who 'owns' the Temple at that time either Rebel or Empire base).

On the west side I added in some rooms (could be for sleeping or training or meditation) and one larger room which could be the room where Obi Wan checks the camera records in Ep III. Right now it might be a bit too large tho in comparison to the library and hangar.
I just found a partial excuse tho, the temple's main building gets smaller the higher you go up.
That's just a very rough base. King will surely want it with good material definition. It's paint-over time!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/andescp/
Lephenix
Polygon Smith

PostSubject: Re: The Jedi Temple - King   Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:26 pm

I love it, i hope it'll be like that Very Happy !
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swbf-custom.forumactif.com/forum
Lephenix
Polygon Smith

PostSubject: Re: The Jedi Temple - King   Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:45 am

Here's a nice reference:

If you need refs, just ask me Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swbf-custom.forumactif.com/forum

PostSubject: Re: The Jedi Temple - King   Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:01 am

The destructible environment feature is implemented in the CryEngine, but we have to model every pieces of destructed parts. So, if you want to destroy a barrel, you'll have to model the barrel, and also the parts of the barrel which will left when it is destructed. When the barrel is shooted, the engine replace the full barrel with the destructed barrel and applies physics to each parts. That's how it works.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Jedi Temple - King   

Back to top Go down

The Jedi Temple - King
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Star Wars: BattleCry :: Basket-
Jump to: