Star Wars: BattleCry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Star Wars: BattleCry

Development forum for Star Wars: BattleCry

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UI Guidelines/Resources

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Schlechtwetterfront

Schlechtwetterfront

UI Guidelines/Resources Empty
PostSubject: UI Guidelines/Resources   UI Guidelines/Resources EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 12:03 am

UI's are created with Flash/Scaleform, the best program to create UIs is obviously Adobe Flash.

Guidelines for the UI:
  • 1920x1080 should be the resolution of the stage in Flash.
  • Textures for the UI have to be square and a power-of-two(2x2, 4x4, 64x64, 512x512).
  • It's best to pack multiple smaller images into one larger image and use that in Flash. Better memory-wise.
  • You can have multiple elements in the UI, make use of that for alignment. For example in the demo UI the tickets are separated from the trooper HUD(health, ammo) so I can align the tickets to the top and the trooper HUD to the bottom of the screen.

Resources:
1Richmar's channel (has some UI tutorials)
CryENGINE 3 Docs: User Interface
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/andescp/

PostSubject: Re: UI Guidelines/Resources   UI Guidelines/Resources EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 3:29 am

Im working on menu concept/interfaces concepts and I usually render in wmv format. Unfortunately I do not have adobe flash, so im thinking I could either give the video for someone to convert or I could convert the video format into flash myself using format factory.
Back to top Go down
Schlechtwetterfront

Schlechtwetterfront

PostSubject: Re: UI Guidelines/Resources   UI Guidelines/Resources EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 4:18 am

I'm getting used to flash right now. I'll do at least the code and functionality.

Keep it up. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/andescp/
Krym0r

Krym0r

PostSubject: Re: UI Guidelines/Resources   UI Guidelines/Resources EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 9:24 am

I can convert your WMV to flv no problem there Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UI Guidelines/Resources   UI Guidelines/Resources Empty

Back to top Go down

UI Guidelines/Resources
Page 1 of 1