Star Wars: BattleCry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Star Wars: BattleCry

Development forum for Star Wars: BattleCry

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HH-15 Rocket Launcher

Go down 
+2
Schlechtwetterfront
Deforges
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Deforges
Hey, GUNS!
Hey, GUNS!
Deforges

HH-15 Rocket Launcher Empty
PostSubject: HH-15 Rocket Launcher   HH-15 Rocket Launcher EmptyMon May 13, 2013 6:39 am

I decided to redesign the HH-15 to be more modern. If you guys don't like the design I can keep this a portfolio piece but I think it's a nice colorful addition to the rebel's monochrome weaponry.

High-poly
Spoiler:

Texture progress 4k tris
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Schlechtwetterfront

Schlechtwetterfront

PostSubject: Re: HH-15 Rocket Launcher   HH-15 Rocket Launcher EmptyMon May 13, 2013 7:08 am

Does the text say 'BLOW SHIT UP'?

Green is that 21st century military color, did you try some other color schemes?
Maybe a pale blue?
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/andescp/
SharkYbg
Polygon Smith

PostSubject: Re: HH-15 Rocket Launcher   HH-15 Rocket Launcher EmptyMon May 13, 2013 8:37 am

Hooah! Blow em shitz!
Sweet stuff as always!

I kinda agree with Ben. The colors don't need to match current generation colors(it's star wars after all). I think the overall color of star wars is kinda greyish color for a base, mixed with some other colors painted not so much on the model. So maybe invert the color scheme(make the green grey and the grey green? Just shooting blind but it might work ;D

Also that round handle there looks like it doesn't belong. It's kinda a bland(if that's the right word to describe it) to me. scratch
Back to top Go down
Deforges
Hey, GUNS!
Hey, GUNS!
Deforges

PostSubject: Re: HH-15 Rocket Launcher   HH-15 Rocket Launcher EmptyMon May 13, 2013 10:21 am

The rebels also wear 1970s camo patterns Wink

more progress

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Schlechtwetterfront

Schlechtwetterfront

PostSubject: Re: HH-15 Rocket Launcher   HH-15 Rocket Launcher EmptyMon May 13, 2013 9:54 pm

Way better.
Back to top Go down
sceluk
void Work();

PostSubject: Re: HH-15 Rocket Launcher   HH-15 Rocket Launcher EmptyTue May 14, 2013 2:42 am

Cool stuff man.
Second version color is much better.
As a suggestion, maybe a couple of jury rigged parts\bits held on with 'tape' to show how beat up the Rebels are.
Back to top Go down
Deforges
Hey, GUNS!
Hey, GUNS!
Deforges

PostSubject: Re: HH-15 Rocket Launcher   HH-15 Rocket Launcher EmptyTue May 14, 2013 7:06 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
rocknroll237
Admin
rocknroll237

PostSubject: Re: HH-15 Rocket Launcher   HH-15 Rocket Launcher EmptyTue May 14, 2013 7:46 am

Looks amazing, but I think it needs more of a sci-fi look.

Perhaps add a panel of futuristic buttons or something. Maybe a screen or panel somewhere?
Back to top Go down
http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-battlecry
Gen_Rhys_Dallows

PostSubject: Re: HH-15 Rocket Launcher   HH-15 Rocket Launcher EmptyTue May 14, 2013 7:53 am

Eh, shouldn't the text on the launcher be written in Aurebesh?
Back to top Go down
Deforges
Hey, GUNS!
Hey, GUNS!
Deforges

PostSubject: Re: HH-15 Rocket Launcher   HH-15 Rocket Launcher EmptyTue May 14, 2013 8:19 am

Aurebesh was a gimmick that the filmmakers randomly threw together for a more sci fi look, I'm not going to include it on anything I create.

I'll try to add a screen Smile
Back to top Go down
Schlechtwetterfront

Schlechtwetterfront

PostSubject: Re: HH-15 Rocket Launcher   HH-15 Rocket Launcher EmptyTue May 14, 2013 9:01 am

Deforges wrote:
a gimmick that the filmmakers randomly threw together for a more sci fi look
What else is the point of anything visual in a Sci-Fi-ish movie? Basically everything you see in terms of props is randomly thrown together for a more Sci-Fi look in Star Wars.

Some lights which fake-indicate the lock-on status maybe? You could add some (vertical) sliders to the main body just behind the sight for adjusting things. Whenever you reloaded the rocketlauncher in SWBF the guy did stuff which looked like adjusting sliders, and I somehow really liked that.
I think the red button looks a bit too explosive for just pulling down the sight, something less saturated?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HH-15 Rocket Launcher   HH-15 Rocket Launcher Empty

Back to top Go down

HH-15 Rocket Launcher
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Star Wars: BattleCry :: Development :: Development discussion :: 3D modelling :: DONE-
Jump to: