Star Wars: BattleCry

Development forum for Star Wars: BattleCry

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Menu Concepts

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
sceluk
void Work();

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:40 am

Yeah, fonts are best.
I guess that's a mockup.
i'd pop credits, people hate that. I'd put them in as an option under options\extras
I'd have:
Multiplayer
Pops a new screen where you can choose stuff. We need a design for this.
Options
-Video
-Sound
-Gameplay
-General
Extras:
-Website (opens link)
-Credits
Quit

And maybe....Single Player (Grayed Out). I dunno though, maybe with a later (very late) update.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Altureus
Lead 3d guns Artist

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:51 am

Yeah I think we should put singleplayer in there and grayed out as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Schlechtwetterfront

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:24 am

I disagree about the Singleplayer option. Too much of a promise we might not be able to keep to me.
We can have that Extras thing. People might hate credits but in our case:
1. We're a mod team, we deserve it! Very Happy
2. Anyone can claim to have worked on a mod but if you have their names in the credits of a compiled game it's clear => good for portfolio (especially if you put your real name there, which we shouldn't do until later though, when we're certain there will be no C&D from Disney).
I had at least one more reason but I forgot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/andescp/
sceluk
void Work();

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:14 am

I'm not saying to remove the credits, but put them out of the way, player's dont need them and game companies will know where to look.
Everyone deserves credits Razz
That's why I said add SP later, like a couple of months after beta release, (or when we start (if) on SP).
I dunno about real names. Personally, I don't mind, mean I'm not afraid and honest, have nothing to hide, and if a C&D comes, we;ll still have to shut down, regardless of names. AFAIK they won't sue if you comply immediately.
And I think this is fair use, we're not making money.
But yeah, maybe we'll put Real names when we get lots of downloads.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Schlechtwetterfront

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:21 am

Just to be on the safe side I'd only put nicknames or whatever on the first few public downloads. Then after that everyone who wants to can put real names in there or something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:07 pm

Schlechtwetterfront wrote:
1. Remember it will all have to be assembled in Flash.
2. The menu entries are weird. What we'll need is most likely: Multiplayer, Options, Credits and Quit.
3. On the topic of 1 again, it would be best if you could provide the layer style for the text. So we can use an actual font instead of images (easier for localization, too).
4. You should get the new logo in there. The current font of the menu entries fits the old logo but it might not fit the new one.
5. (just to have five) This still looks like a relatively small resolution to me. Most people have 1920x1080/1680x1050 today, so please check out how your design will look with those resolutions.

Wink
:p I should mention that the main file is 1920x1080. Everything from the past 3 months that you guys mentioned I did write down and take into account. youtube and the preview pics that I show you guys are made to be small on purpose becuase the 1920x1080 would require scrolling of the sides for webpages and/or look like dinosaur size if I posted the previews at those resolutions.

1. Remember it will all have to be assembled in Flash. *noted
2. The menu entries are weird. What we'll need is most likely: Multiplayer, Options, Credits and Quit. *noted, wasn't sure what you guys decided on for menu options so I picked basic place holders
3. On the topic of 1 again, it would be best if you could provide the layer style for the text. So we can use an actual font instead of images (easier for localization, too). *its a heavily edited style, so ill have to make a psd file for you guys if this is what you want
4. You should get the new logo in there. The current font of the menu entries fits the old logo but it might not fit the new one. *making time to do so, by the way it looks great. my compliments to whomever did the redsign
5. (just to have five) This still looks like a relatively small resolution to me. Most people have 1920x1080/1680x1050 today, so please check out how your design will look with those resolutions. *mentioned on top :p
Back to top Go down
Schlechtwetterfront

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:51 pm

Hmm, alright. The font size seems a bit too large to me when I view your video in fullscreen though. But as the entries will most likely be created/filled in the right language via code we can adjust that later.
A .psd is fine, Flash is similar to PS (which I assume, you know) so that'll all transfer nicely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:10 am

I may not be active during the week, but I will post the link asap on here. Most likely Saturday( US mountian time). Seeing as the Logo can be saved as a file, do you guys really need me to included it in the folder I have? (Actually, ill just go ahead and do that anyway). Its pretty much been decided that we are using a real time ingame background correct? If so then As far as backgrounds, do you guys just want source files from me?
Back to top Go down
sceluk
void Work();

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:57 am

If you are referring to the source files for the menus, yes please. psd if possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   

Back to top Go down

Menu Concepts
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4