Star Wars: BattleCry

Development forum for Star Wars: BattleCry

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Menu Concepts

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:23 am

Back to top Go down
Schlechtwetterfront

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:42 am

It's a step into the right direction.
The only problem I have now is that SINGLE PLAYER looks like SNGLE PLAYER. Maybe add a small stroke/outline to every letter?
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/andescp/
SharkYbg
Polygon Smith

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:53 am

Yeah it appears that the "I" everywhere on the menu just blends with the other letters.
And maybe you shouldn't use so bright or contrast colors because when it's in fullscreen it will hurt your eyes after a few minutes. I mean only the colors in the font. Rest is splendid. Razz

Otherwise keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rocknroll237
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:01 am

Another suggestion is to make the design completely symmetrical. The logos at the bottom aren't aligned properly and the boxes they are kept in looks out of place compared to the boxes the top 2 logos are in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-battlecry

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:34 am

Credit to Lephenix for the custom Mustafar Planet.
Razz

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:40 am

Also keep in mind that the background may be changed to video playing. But I still think The mustafar planet will find its way into the other sub menus. Keep these suggestions coming!!! Lol tomorrow im going to be very busy.
Back to top Go down
rocknroll237
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:37 am

Beautiful! Nice job. :-)
Back to top Go down
sceluk
void Work();

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:40 pm

Yeah, gameplay footage would be the best.
In fact, I am thinking the menu could be an actual level (I don't knwo how Cry 3 defaults implements exactly).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SharkYbg
Polygon Smith

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:26 pm

Yes, i was also thinking to put some kind of control room (maybe the bridge of darth vader's ship? or depending on the campaign) with different interactive objects and screens. Like the one from Mass Effect Very Happy . This will work really well for single player but for multiplayer won't be much of a use.

Maybe making it like the one that Metro 2033 had. But in the center of the room there will be a holographic table and part of the menu will be a hologram Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rocknroll237
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:12 am

Nice idea Sharky, but this is something we should implement only when the time comes to make a single player mode.

For now, we're working on the multi-player side of things and thus a traditional menu will work best, as you pointed out. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:11 am

:p The holo-table is something I tried experimenting with but since this probably could be recorded in a rebel operations holo-table in-game, that is something that could be done very easily. Of course that is saying when the game has completed levels and then we can record rebel background operation tables. Mr Rocknroll, will this menu suffice for right now?
Back to top Go down
rocknroll237
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:52 am

Yes 411, it will, but I'd really like the bottom 2 logos to have exactly the same boxes as the top 2 logos, just so it's consistent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:12 am

rocknroll237 wrote:
Yes 411, it will, but I'd really like the bottom 2 logos to have exactly the same boxes as the top 2 logos, just so it's consistent.
Sure thing boss man, that will be an easy fix. I am assuming you mean the lower blue box things need to look the same as the small top box things. If that's the case, it can be easily changed. Ill also be sure to align some things here and there to be perfectly symmetrical.
Back to top Go down
sceluk
void Work();

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:14 pm

We can still have an AI-Mp match going on the main menu as a level. If you know what i mean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rocknroll237
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:36 am

411Remnant wrote:
rocknroll237 wrote:
Sure thing boss man, that will be an easy fix. I am assuming you mean the lower blue box things need to look the same as the small top box things. If that's the case, it can be easily changed. Ill also be sure to align some things here and there to be perfectly symmetrical.

Yes, that would be great. rabbit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:07 am

right now working on a lot of college finals and tests so hopefully by next week ill put the time in to make those changes. I noticed we got number 1 mod again at moddb! That is too cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:06 am

Ok, college finals are over, I should have time to re-work those changes with some updated titles that rocknroll has provided for the logo.
Back to top Go down
rocknroll237
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:29 am

Brilliant, hope the finals went well! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:32 am

I think it is safe to say I kicked their a$$, but more to the point here is an updated version. Let me know if I need to change something or if you want me to upload the PSD file. Rocknroll, your logo is absolutely awesome! I think it fits the menu quite well.

edit: During the weekend I think I can edit the blue color screen to match that red and silver kind of thing you have going for the logo. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Deforges
Hey, GUNS!
Hey, GUNS!

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:51 am

I think that green and font is really gaudy. Those blue side-borders I think should be darker or transparent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sceluk
void Work();

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:05 am

Eh, Deforges is right. Blue and Green do not go well together. The layout and fonts are greate but the colours are off.
I think in keeping to the original Star Wars of being nitty gritty, maybe grey lettering with blue borders or blue menu background. Something on those lines.
Sorry for all the critique man, but this has to look good. It the second thing the player will see.
On the whole, you're doing a great job though (especially being patient Smile)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:37 pm

sceluk wrote:
Eh, Deforges is right. Blue and Green do not go well together. The layout and fonts are greate but the colours are off.
I think in keeping to the original Star Wars of being nitty gritty, maybe grey lettering with blue borders or blue menu background. Something on those lines.
Sorry for all the critique man, but this has to look good. It the second thing the player will see.
On the whole, you're doing a great job though (especially being patient Smile)
No, I need people like you and that other guy to keep giving suggestions. I don't think I like the blue after glow all that much either, which is weird because it should be a lot more transparent. Let me re-work some of this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:14 pm

Please note the back ground is just for show, it a screen shot. For the menu background we will have some video of either a trooper or what ever the team decides on.

Still tweaking it out, should have more variation soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:47 pm

Im so close... I can almost taste it!
Back to top Go down
Lephenix
Polygon Smith

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:40 am

Yes you are getting close. Although i don't like the icons, it'll look better if you remove them, they are useless. Also the main UI don't fit, It looks like a black square into a sort of blue HUD, here's a nice exemple of a sci fi menu screen: http://www.behance.net/gallery/Tablet-Sci-Fi-game-menu/5487517
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swbf-custom.forumactif.com/forum
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Menu Concepts   

Back to top Go down

Menu Concepts
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next