Star Wars: BattleCry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Star Wars: BattleCry

Development forum for Star Wars: BattleCry

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

3ds Max Animation

Go down 
+2
Terach
SharkYbg
6 posters
AuthorMessage

3ds Max Animation Empty
PostSubject: 3ds Max Animation   3ds Max Animation EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 9:13 pm

I have been working on exporting a custom character and a custom animation from 3ds Max to work alongside the existing sdk animations. So far I have been successful in both areas, and I would like to see if I can get animations loaded onto Battlecry's Maya rig and see how cross-platform works.
Back to top Go down

3ds Max Animation Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3ds Max Animation   3ds Max Animation EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 1:54 am

Maya bones imported into 3ds Max and exported to Editor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5-5FNDmihU

This is the Maya exported character model I was provided with, it also works with a 3ds Max exported character model.

So animations can now be done in both 3ds Max & Maya, same for character rigging. Wink
Back to top Go down
SharkYbg
Polygon Smith

3ds Max Animation Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3ds Max Animation   3ds Max Animation EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 2:15 am

Sweet,some nice moves there ;P

I thought the bones from the cryengine 3 asset could easily work with 3ds max and custom models but great work nonetheless. It's always nice to have custom bones and use our own assets.
We might need custom bones for the tauntauns and other animals but still i'm not sure how we are gonna do them.
Back to top Go down
Terach

Terach

3ds Max Animation Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3ds Max Animation   3ds Max Animation EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 1:15 pm

Cool, glad to see it works. Smile
Back to top Go down
sceluk
void Work();

3ds Max Animation Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3ds Max Animation   3ds Max Animation EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 11:27 pm

yeah coding the tauntans are gonna be a pain. They have to bone animated (rigid body would suck), and also set up as vehicles.
i'll have to learn how to interact with the IK system.
Back to top Go down

3ds Max Animation Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3ds Max Animation   3ds Max Animation EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:15 am

Since Terach is making great progress with animations in Maya, I'll focus on having it possible to rig characters in 3ds Max rather than also for animation. Should have a 3ds Max 2010 file up soon.
Back to top Go down
Schlechtwetterfront

Schlechtwetterfront

3ds Max Animation Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3ds Max Animation   3ds Max Animation EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 9:00 am

Good. I suppose we'd need to skin some characters soon, so if we have both Max and Maya available for that it's good.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/andescp/

3ds Max Animation Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3ds Max Animation   3ds Max Animation EmptyThu May 02, 2013 8:25 pm

Great job guys !
Back to top Go down

3ds Max Animation Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3ds Max Animation   3ds Max Animation EmptySat May 04, 2013 10:32 pm

Been some delay in finishing this so I can upload it, should be able to get it done in a few days, sorry guys.
Back to top Go down
rocknroll237
Admin
rocknroll237

3ds Max Animation Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3ds Max Animation   3ds Max Animation EmptySun May 05, 2013 5:07 am

No probs, good luck and take your time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-battlecry

3ds Max Animation Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3ds Max Animation   3ds Max Animation EmptyMon May 06, 2013 1:21 am

Back to top Go down

3ds Max Animation Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3ds Max Animation   3ds Max Animation EmptyMon May 06, 2013 2:09 pm

Uploaded the rig to the megacloud "Star Wars BattleCry\Rigs". Use this for animation & character export.

This has not been tested ingame yet, but works perfectly in the editor. Let me know if there's any issues. Wink
Back to top Go down
Altureus
Lead 3d guns Artist
Altureus

3ds Max Animation Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3ds Max Animation   3ds Max Animation EmptyMon May 06, 2013 3:49 pm

It looks great! but tI think the right arm/elbow needs to move just a little bit more with the rest of the body, because it looks a little too rigid. Besides that it looks awesome.
Back to top Go down

3ds Max Animation Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3ds Max Animation   3ds Max Animation EmptyTue May 07, 2013 4:13 pm

Yeah I agree, and the right leg is a bit iffy but it's the animation that came with the free sdk and is just a test. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

3ds Max Animation Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3ds Max Animation   3ds Max Animation Empty

Back to top Go down

3ds Max Animation
Page 1 of 1